Sexual Rejuvenation for Women
PRP may be used for a number of sexual problems in women, including, but not limited to
- Decreased libido
- Vaginal dryness
An important factor, for women to enjoy sex is vaginal wetness which serves as a lubricant during sex. Vaginal wetness is increased considerably with sexual stimulation, whether physical or mental.
Some women suffer from vaginal dryness which can be due many factors, including underlying physical/medical conditions, hormonal changes, medicines, infections, physical or mental stress exhaustion, cultural norms, personal preferences for sex and sexual activities and many other factors. Some of these factors, may affect the libido which in turn may impact vaginal lubrication.
- Dyspareunia is pain during intercourse. It can be due to many reasons including underlying medical conditions as well as psychological reason. It can be due to factors related to the external genitals, intra-vaginal or deeper and can be a sign of cancer, infection, hormonal imbalance, skin disorder and many other conditions.
- It can also be due to physical or mental stress, the mental inability to relax or enjoy sex which can lead to vaginismus (vaginal muscular spasms). It’s important that you discuss pain during sex with your doctor. Both for the sake of your sex-life and to rule out any underlying (serious) condition.
- Urinary incontinence is the involuntary leakage of urine. It’s caused by less control or complete loss of control, over the urinary sphincter. It’s relatively common and can cause great restriction on a person’s social and sexual life.
PRP can improve libido, increase sexual pleasure and improve the ability to achieve climax, reduce vaginal dryness and reduce or remove dyspareunia/pain during intercourse. Keep in mind that the above conditions may be interlinked. Thus, vaginal dryness may cause pain during intercourse. The anticipation of pain may reduce libido and the pain during intercourse, may lead to aorgasmia/lack of climax, which in turn may further reduce libido. Thus, a vicious cycle is established which can be difficult to break out of.
In our experience, the taboo surrounding sexual problems greatly impacts people’s married lives, which may in some cases, lead to divorce or separation. A situation that can impact a great number of people, including the couple, the children and even extended family members. It’s a pity, that we rather keep silent about such issues, than treat them.
It’s vital to mention here, that MY SKIN CLINIC strongly enforces confidentiality. A concept not fully developed and understood in Pakistan, but it plays a central role for the CEO Dr Mohammad Mazhar Hussain, who lived in Denmark for 31 years and has received his medical training from there.
Contraindications for PRP for Sexual Rejuvenation
PRP is generally a very safe procedure. However, as the genital area can potentially carry a number of diseases, we advise caution in the following patients:
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) such as Hepatitis B, Herpes Virus and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and bacterial infections such as Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Syphilis.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
- Infection in and around the ano-genital area.
Speak to us if you are experiencing any sexual problems. Dr Mazhar Hussain will assess your situation and guide you if any of our treatment options are relevant for you.