PRP may be used in the following conditions for men
- Impotence or Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Small or abnormal sized penises
Impotence in men
Impotence (or erectile dysfunction, ED) is an inability for a man to achieve or maintain a satisfactory erection or achieve ejaculation. Impotence can be cause by many reasons, including, but not limited to
- Depression and anxiety can prevent a man from being aroused or excited
- Lifestyle related conditions such as atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Diabetes, ischemic heart disese and congestive heart failure
- Neurological conditions (Alzheimer, Parkinson, mulitple sclerosis, stroke
- Medicine, including alpha- and betablockers, anxiolytic drugs (Alprazolam, Diazapam, lorazepam, clonazepam etc), antidpressants SSRI (Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft) diuretics (Lasix and Aldactone) and steroids
- Drugs, including alchohol, cocaine and amphetamin
Depending on your specific situation your doctor may prescripe medicines for impotence.
Platelet Rich Plasma for Impotence and erective dysfunction
PRP can be used in sexual rejuvenation in various, including to improving penile blood circulation and thereby help in getting and keeping an erection. It can further improve libido (=sex drive), increase sexual pleasure, increase penile girth and length.
Contraindications for PRP for Sexual Rejuvenation
PRP treatment is generally a very safe procedure and millions of procedures are performed all over the world. However, all procedures may have some contraindications, even if the risk is small.
Apart from the general contraindications for PRP treatment, there are slightly more contraindications for PRP for sexual rejuvenation. As the genital area can potentially carry a number of diseases we advice caution in the following patients:
UTI or if the patient is prone to develop UTI
As always it’s important to discuss these matters with your doctor to ensure that your condition is suitable for treatment with PRP, that you are a candidate for this treatment and that your expectations to the results are realistic.
An open discussion is always important, especially in areas of medicines that can be a taboo for many people to talk about. Keep in mind that the staff at My Skin Clinic has confidentiality and we are very strict about this aspect of medical practice.