It’s about time you say goodbye to acne, hyperpigmentation, age spots, rosacea and many more skin problems. The innovative IPL is becoming ever more popular and for good reason.
IPL is essentially a Photo Facial where light at different and very controlled wavelength penetrates the skin to induce skin rejuvenation with collagen formation, flatning out of age lines, reducing redness and giving a more youthful look.
Depending on the condition the treatment may take 10-30 minutes. 4-6 treatments 3 weeks apart may be required for the best results.
- Benefits of IPL versus laser
- Less/no downtime as it is non-ablative
- Wider range of conditions can be treated
- Less cost than laser
- Who can have IPL Photofacial
Most people with blotchy skin, age lines, age spots, sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, freckles, large pores or discolored skin/hyperpigmentation may benefit from a Photofacial.
IPL Photofacial can effetively improve skin texture, reduce pore size, minimise wrinkles and fine lines, eliminate discoloration, including melasma and improve rosacea
As the procedure is quick and with pracically speaking no downtime even people with a tight program can fit it into their busy days
Conditions that can be treated with IPL Photo Facial
- Pigment changes
- Uneven skin texture
- Fine lines
- Age spots
- Facial redness
IPL can also be used for hair removal
IPL side effects
There is relatively little discomfort and practically speaking no downtime after a IPL Photofacial.
As opposed to laser skin treatment, IPL is non-ablative: No skin is removed during the treatment. This ensures a quick and easy recovery and a very low risk of side effects and complications.
In some cases the patient may experience blisters, scabbing and pigment changes, but it soons disappears. Often within few hours or within few days in more severe cases.
When to avoid a IPL Photo Facial
- Pregnant women should postpone any IPL treatment til lafter giving birth
- Patients using certain medicines
- If you’ve any skin conditions, including open wounds/lesion, skin cancer and a tendency to keloid formation
- Patients with very dark skin should be assessed individually (as should all patients) if IPL Photo Facial can be carried out.
First of all you need an assessment to see how we can help you. Please call 0518448344 or 03211554554 to set up a consultation – you are only a call away from looking younger 🙂