My Skin Clinic offers the cutting-edge Nanofat Stem Cell Transplantation and Injection. As one of the very few clinics we offer this in combination with our own developed high concentration and high volume PRP to speed up the healing and results.
What is Nanofat?
Various names are used, including Adipose (tissue) Derived Stem Cell (ADSC) treatment, Stem Cell injection, fat grafting and nanofat.
Nanofat is emulsified (liquified) and filtered fat with a high concentration of stem cells.
Stem cells are undifferentiated biological cells that can differentiate into specialized cells and can divide (through cell division) to produce more stem cells. Stem cells are very important in the regeneration of damaged tissues.
Recent (2013) clinical research by Dr Tonnard and Dr Verpaele from Belgium has shown remarkable improvements in skin quality six months after the injection of nanofat superficially in the dermis and subdermis (superficial skin layers). In the recent few years it has gained more popularity amongst aesthetic practitioners, though only relatively few clinics offer this advanced treatment option.
- Very long-lasting effect.
- A completely natural material.
- Day surgery, minimal discomfort and a short recovery.
- Minimally invasive, with a low risk of complications.
- Small, hardly visible scars at the donor site
- No scars at the recipient site.
- Reduction of the amount of fat in the donor-area
- Rejuvenation of skin in the recipient-area
- Can also be used for other than aesthetic purposes
- Surgical procedure is necessary with some discomfort caused by extraction of fat from the donor area.
How does nanofat injection work?
First a fat graft has to be taken from anywhere on your body, mostly the stomach, thigh or the inside of your upper legs. Then, this fat will be washed with saline, filtered and injected superficially into the skin with multiple injections all over the area that needs to be treated with a very thin and sharp 27G needle.
What can nanofat injection do for you?
- Nanofat has shown to have a beneficial, rejuvenating effect on ageing or damaged skin (sun damage, discolorations). Cells within the fat grafts are capable of “repairing” damaged tissue and are presumed to stimulate the skin cells to produce substances that improve skin elasticity and deposition of essential structural proteins.
- It also has a positive effect on scars as it makes them less visible. Especially when combined with croton oil peeling and SNIF (sharp needle intracutaneous fat injection).
Who is a good candidate for nanofat injection?
- Any person who has a damaged or aged skin. The person should have enough fat available to make the nanofat (from just a few millilitres for small areas up to 30 – 40 ml of nanofat for a whole face).
At My skin clinic we use nanofat for:
- Acne scars
- Vaginal dryness
- Labia augmentation and rejuvenation
- Penis girth enlargement
- Other purposes
Who is not a good candidate for nanofat injection?
- People suffering of anorexia or athletes in whom no fat at all can be found for grafting.
How to prepare for nanofat injection?
There is no specific preparation for this procedure.
How is nanofat injected?
- Nanofat injection is usually performed under local anaesthesia. Only if it is combined with other procedures, it will be done under general anaesthesia.
- The donor site is always infiltrated with a mixture of local anaesthesia and adrenaline to reduce postoperative discomfort and bruising.
- Liposuction—The fat can be taken by means of a liposuction from any part of the body that has a sufficient amount of fat, in most cases this will be the stomach, thighs or inner knees, but it can also be taken from the buttocks or love handles.
- After injecting local anaesthesia, which minimizes bleeding in this particular area, a very small incision is made and fat is aspirated using a blunt needle with multiple perforations and a special aspirator. The small incision is closed with one dissolvable stitch.
- Filtration—The fat is washed and filtered to separate blood, oil and local anaesthetic from the fat cells.
- The fat is emulsified using special equipment and filters.
- Injection of the nanofat— If the procedure is performed under local anaesthesia, the recipient site is injected with a minimal amount of local anaesthesia after which the fat cells are injected with a very fine needle.
- As opposed to micro fat, the effect of nanofat usually appears with a delay of four weeks to three months.
What is the average treatment plan of nanofat?
As a stand-alone treatment, nanofat injections will be performed as an outpatient procedure and takes between 2-4 hours.
What complikations to expect after nanofat injection?
Some patients may swell at the donor- or recipient-site. However, that is not common.
As always there is a risk of infection when the skin is breached. However, that is a very low risk in this procedure.
How long can I expect the results of nanofat to last?
The procedure is too new to give a sensible answer to that question. However, it may last up to 3-5 years but this should not be taken as a final number as the technology is so new.